DLT Registration is a blockchain-based platform which is been issued by TRAI Regulations, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India. It is a mandatory type of regulation for all businesses using SMS services and SMS marketing for notifications, alerts, offers, surveys, and much more. It is necessary for individuals (using SMS for promotions or business purposes), any company, business to get registered under DLT.
This DLT, Distributed Ledger Technology has come into the picture to improve the standards of SMS marketing and its services. The idea is to bring transparency to the unorganized SMS industry and be more open to the customers. TRAI Regulations guidelines are revised to ensure control, prevent/stop any false practice, and be more aligned with customers and their safety measures. It’s necessary to regulate Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC) and to maintain a healthy relationship between customers and company/business.
Phases under DLA Registration
- Phase I – Get personal entity ID
- Phase II – Registration of Headers and add Telemarketer
- Phase III – Registration of Templates
PHASE I: –
Get personal entity ID – The service providers/businesses using SMS services have to register themselves under any Telecom operators – Videocon DLT registration, Jio DLT registration, Airtel DLT registration, BSNL DLT registration, Vodafone Idea Ltd DLT, and others.
By registering under them along with all the documents and DLT Registration TRAI fee (INR 5000 + GST (18%) = INR 5900) the user will get a unique entity ID. This particular amount is non-refundable so be clear about which Telecom Operator you want to connect with.
Further, you can select your specific Telecom Operators based on their services, ease in process of registration, and much more.
PHASE II: – Post DLT Registration
Registration of Headers and add Telemarketer– This process is performed after you obtain your unique entity ID. You begin by adding headers – Sender ID in the provided dashboard. This header is also categorized into two types based on the type of campaign/work you’re doing.
- Promotional – As the name suggests that these are opted by those who are using SMS services for promotional purposes such as running campaigns, discounts, and offers. You have to put your ID in the header dashboard as indicated. Along with this, you have to tell your particular reason/uses for choosing it in the description box.
- Others – This refers that it doesn’t take account of any promotional activity rather it targets over transactional campaigns such as alerts, updates, and notification. Unlike the above here you also have to mention your allotted and the reasons for choosing it in the description box.
Be very careful while opting for this option as it will affect your way of using SMS services and hence your marketing and targeted audience. You must have a clear idea of how you use this and your purpose while connecting with the audience.
ADD TELEMARKETER – Once you’re done with registration for Header then accept ‘Telemarketer Request’ from the side navigation. Enter the telemarketer ID and other details asked. Finally, proceed to submit the form. Double-check your Telemarketer Id to ensure that you’re putting correct Id to avoid any further confusion or issues.
PHASE III: –
Registration of Templates – (Expected to go live anytime)
Select your template concerning your header. Choose your content for a template that would go with your header, type and work, and others. Add your content and re-check for any error and save.
Finally, the processes end, and you’re surely registered for these DLT as per TRAI.
- DLT is a smart solution and goes with modern technologies – the DLT system records the transaction of assets and even related minute details to avoid any confusion. It records data at multiple places at the same time so there no replacement or loss of data is possible. It will keep records safe, permanent and thus trying to eliminate any possible issues.
- High-level security and accuracy in the data- In this system every item is verified and every detail is recorded. Since it records every detail of the transaction so there is high accuracy in the output. This system securely handles any sensitive information to avoid any of its misuse thereby ensuring high-level security.
- It provides better management and control – The DLT system can record statistical data such as registry and dynamic data. It performs various purposes and functions dynamically and therefore it ensures better and proper management control.
- It ensures Transparency and privacy to all its customers – This system eliminates the uses of middlemen or any central authority and speeds up transaction. It is a transparent way of handling records as the shared informed is observed across the network and there are minimum chances of any cyberattack or misuse of data.
- Multiple uses – The best part of DLT registration is it can be used in multiple areas including government and business dealings along with all financial transactions. It can be used in tax collection, social benefits distribution, voting procedure, and much more. This system is made to satisfy all and hence it’s a must needed one.
How DLT helps in regulation of UCC, Unsolicited Commercial Communication?
There is a high need for Technological frameworks that can regulate UCC to avoid any miscommunication and fraud among customers. Customers trust with the business or services so it’s the whole duty of the system to maintain the accuracy of data and be more beneficial towards customers. This forced TRAI to welcome new regulations and revised regulations that could fulfill all these purposes.
DLT can regulate UCC because of the following reasons –
- Highly authorized network – This can’t be denied that new regulations have come into the picture to ensure a highly authorized network along with promoting transparency. It will protect and support customers, their data, and much more. Hence this system is highly cooperative for the customers.
- Effective and efficient – DLT has shown its special qualities in recording data transactions at multiple places at a time so it’s a highly effective system for ensuring secured data. It also concerns every detail of the transaction to avoid any miss confusion and thereby presenting the system as one of the efficient ones which can be trusted by the important information.
- It uses sensitive information in a secured manner – The way we handle sensitive information somehow tells about how much we respect our user’s privacy. The cyberattack or misuse is no new thing and, in these times, stabilizing a system that promotes a secured manner is necessary. Hence, DLT takes every measure to ensure the safety and privacy of the customers/users.
- It will protect the interest of telecom service providers – The first phase of DLT registration begins with registering with telecom operators and also it is mandatory for every business or anyone using SMS services and marketing. It took care of the interest of telecom service providers by making them a crucial part of this system. Along with this it has reduced the risk of loss and open various new opportunities in the telecom sector.
- It will build a more trusted relationship – Since in the DLT system all the data are observed across networks and the chances of misuse are very low. This enables customers to trust the data, information with their service provider, and step into space for a healthy relationship. The trusted relationship ensures prolonged business and a strong customer base which over in all beneficial for the service provider.
- It ensures safe and secure data handling – It is known that the DLT system is precise with their data long with taking care of every single detail. All these reflect safe and secure data handling. The business entity can directly connect with entities carrying regulatory functions and they can have a close view of their work. They will make sure efficient work and thereby ensuring safe and secure data handling.
It serves in various other forms as well but these are few highlights. It’s creating a better network for both business and customers. It’s beneficial to both of them and will enable a strong and trusted relationship. It understands user privacy and respect that and take all measures to prevent its misuse. It will bring positive changes and a must need change.
Benefits and purpose of new regulations: –
New Regulation has purposely targeted transparency to ensure a healthy and efficient network and work in cooperation with the users. It will look forward to avoiding any misuse of data or cyberattack by strong their internal networks strong and effective. It will ensure smooth data handling and better communication and management.
It provides its benefits to customers, access providers, telemarketers, and business entities. Few of which are highlighted below.
- Avoid any inconvenience to customers
- Approach to understand the scope of the consent and proper verification
- Complaints are handled inappropriate manner
- Economical to access providers
- Provide opportunities to check for any default
- Provide new opportunities and ease to telecom operators
- Low risk of loss of business and promote a strong economy
- It has opened up better ways to target customers and form a strong customer base
- Ensure the safety and security of clients’ data while sharing it with other entities
Lower risks because of avoiding chances of non-compliance